· Primary research topic: Surface Physics: Low energy electron diffraction (LEED)RESEARCH
· Secondary research topics: Holography, Ellipsometry, Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Interferometry
- F.M. Pan, M. Caragiu, N. Ferralis, R.D. Diehl, "Substitutional adsorption geometry for Pb(111)- (√3×√3)R30°-K", Surface Science 600 (2006), 537-541;
- M. Caragiu, S.E. Finberg, "Alkali metal adsorption on graphite: a review", J. of Phys.: Condens. Matter 17 (2005), R995-R1024;
- R.D. Diehl, Th. Seyller, M. Caragiu, G.S. Leatherman, N. Ferralis, K. Pussi, P. Kaukasoina, M. Lindroos, "The adsorption sites of rare gases on metallic surfaces: a review", J. of Phys.: Condens. Matter 16 (2004), S2839-2862;
- M. Caragiu, Th. Seyller, R.D. Diehl, "Adsorption geometry of Cu(110)-(12×12)-14Xe", Surface Science 539 (2003), 165-170;
- K. Pussi, M. Caragiu, M. Lindroos, R.D. Diehl, "An alternative method of using combined-spaced method: high index surfaces", Surface Science 544 (2003) 35-44;
- M. Caragiu, Th. Seyller, R.D. Diehl, "Dynamical LEED study of Pd(111)-(√3×√3)R30º-Xe", Phys. Rev. B 66 (2002), 195411;
- N. Ferralis,M. Caragiu, J.K. Franke, R.D. Diehl, "LEED study of the potassium-induced reconstruction of Cu(110)", J. of Phys.: Condens. Matter 13 (2001) 3961-3967;
- M. Caragiu, G.S. Leatherma, Th. Seyller, R.D. Diehl, "The adsorption geometry of Ag(111)-(√7×√7)R19.1º-4Ar studied by LEED", Surface Science 475 (2001), 89-95;
- P.Finetti, G.S.Leatherman, M.Caragiu, M.Lindroos, R.McGrath, R.D.Diehl, "LEED study of the surface geometry of Ni(100)-(3×3)-K+4O", Surf. Sci. 462 (2000), 77-84;
- Th. Seyller, M. Caragiu, R.D. Diehl, "Low-energy electron diffraction study of krypton on Cu(110)", Surf. Sci. 454-456 (2000), 55-59;
- M. Caragiu, Th. Seyller, R.D.
Diehl, A.G. Norris, R. McGrath, C.A. Muryn, "LEED and STM study of Cs on Cu(211)", Surf. Rev. Lett. Vol.6, No.5 (1999), 865-870;
- Th. Seyller, M. Caragiu, R. D. Diehl, P. Kaukasoina, M. Lindroos,"Dynamical LEED study of Pt(111)-(√3×√3)R30°-Xe", Phys. Rev. B 60 (1999), 11084;
- M. Caragiu, G.S. Leatherman, R.D. Diehl, P. Kaukasoina, M. Lindroos, "The coverage dependence of the adsorption structures of Cs on Ag(111)", Surf. Sci. 441 (1999), 84;
- Th. Seyller, M. Caragiu, R.D. Diehl, P. Kaukasoina, M. Lindroos, "Observation of top-site adsorption for Xe on Cu(111)",Chem. Phys. Letters 291 (1998), 567;
- T. Iliescu, M. Vlassa, M. Caragiu, I. Marian, S. Astilean, "Raman study of 9-methylacridine adsorbed on silver sol", Vibrational Spectroscopy 8 (3) (1995), 451.
CONFERENCE TALKS, POSTERS
- Low-energy electron diffraction study of potassium adsorbed on graphite, Contributed poster at the APS meeting, Los Angeles (March 2005)
- Low-Energy Electron Diffraction Studies of Rare Gases Adsorbed on metal Surfaces, Contributed talk, The 61st Annual Physical Electronics Conference, Taos, NM (June 2001)
- Dynamical LEED Studies of the Vicinal Surfaces Cu(211) and Cu(211)-c(2x2)-Cs, Contributed poster, International Conference on the Structure of Surfaces 6, Vancouver (July 1999)
- LEED studies of Xe Adsorption Geometries on Metal Surfaces, Contributed talk at the APS meeting, Atlanta (March 1999).
- LEED Study of the Cu(211) Surface and Cu(211)-c(2x2)-Cs, Contributed poster at the APS meeting, Atlanta (March 1999)
- LEED Studies of the Adsorption Geometries of Noble Gases on Metal Surfaces, Contributed talk at the annual meeting of the American Vacuum Society, Baltimore (November 1998).
- Observation of Top Site Adsorption for Xe on Cu(111), Contributed poster, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Meeting, Tri-Cities (1998)
- Vice chair of the Ohio Section of the American Physical Society (OSAPS) elected on March 2006;
- Awarded the “Eleanor H. and Robert W. Biggs Chair in the Sciences” for 2005-2006, ONU.
- Monetary award from the
Instituteof Physics, , for writing a commissioned review paper for the Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, in July 2005. UK
- Undergraduate Summer Faculty Development Grant, ONU, Summer 2001
- CIC WISE Travel Grant, Fall 1999
- Travel grant for LEED research at Tampere University of Technology, Finland (Spring 1997, Penn State)
- TEMPUS grant, Summer School for Optical Technologies, Nuoro, Italy (Feb-July 1994)
Back to my resume page
Back to my homepage