1. Blue Gold: Water and Security in Contemporary Central Asia. (manuscript, 2014).
2. Multiple Hazards Mapping in Mountainous Environments using a Geographic Information System. Earth Science and Engineering (forthcoming 2013).
3. Foreign Policy of Iran, in Korea and Eurasia, ed. Younkyoo Kim, Ph.D., 2008.
4. Contributor, Encyclopedia of China. Geography and Environment: Aquatic, Forest, and Land Resources entries, Berkshire Publishing, 2008.
5. Iran, the United States, and Democracy in the Middle East. Ohio Northern Magazine and Alumnae Journal 66(1): 18-21; Spring 2006.
6. The Digital Divide and Geographic Information Systems: The availability and accessibility of GIS technology to the Global Community. World Forum
Proceedings of the International Research Foundation for Development, Trans-Global Press, 4(1): 1-4:Jan 2006.
7. Developing Geographical Indicators of Potential Water Conflict Related to Global Urbanization. World Forum Proceedings (WFP) of the International
Research Foundation for Development, Trans-Global Press 1(1), 1-4: January 2003.
8. Contributor, Encyclopedia of Modern Asia. edited by D. Levinson, NY: Scribner's, Nov. 2002.
9. Water and Cities in Arid Central Asia. Arid Lands Newsletter Issue No. 45: Water in Cities, Arid Lands Information Center (ALIC), Office of Arid
Lands Studies, University of Arizona, 1999. http://ag.arizona.edu/OALS/ALN/aln45/aln45toc.html
10. Kazakstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan. The Columbia Gazetteer of the World (3 vol.), Saul Bernard Cohen (Editor), Columbia
University Press, June 1998.
11. Environmental Security and Shared Water Resources in Post-Soviet Central Asia. Post-Soviet Geography 36,6 (June 1995), pp. 351-370.
12. Kazakhstan. Environmental Constraints and Resources in the Former Soviet Republics. Boulder, CO: Westview Press (Chapter 16, 1995), pp. 251-274.
13. Climate Change, Climate Variability, and Conflict in the Aral Sea Basin. CIS Environmental Watch 6 (Spring 1994), pp. 56-63.
14. Change and Variability in Climate and Ecosystem Decline in Aral Sea Basin Deltas. Post-Soviet Geography 35, 3 (March 1994), pp. 142-165.
15. Central Asia. Encyclopaedia Britannica 15 (Macropaedia 1993), pp. 701-707.
16. Culture and Water. Cultural Survival Quarterly 16, 1: pp. 49-52. Reprinted in Surviving Together: A Journal on Relations with the Former Soviet Union
and Baltic States Institute for Soviet-American Relations (ISAR), (Summer 1992), pp. 42-43.
17. Salinization in Uzbekistan. Post-Soviet Geography 33, 1 (Jan. 1992), pp. 21-33.
18. Growing Pollution and Health Concerns in the Lower Amu Darya Basin, Uzbekistan. Soviet Geography 32, 8 (October 1991), pp. 553-565.
19. A Review of Three Editions of Atlas SSSR. Soviet Geography 27, 7 (Sept. 1986), pp. 496-9.